Sunday, September 2, 2012

Poem of the Day

Show Me
Audrey Assad

You could plant me like a tree beside a river 
You could tangle me in soil and let my roots run wild 
And I would blossom like a flower in the desert 
But for now just let me cry 

 You could raise me like a banner in a battle 
Put victory like a fire behind my shining eyes 
And I would drift like falling snow over the embers 
But for now just let me lie 

 Bind up these broken bones 
Mercy bend and breathe me back to life
 But not before You show me how to die 

 Set me like a star before the morning 
Like a song that steals the darkness from a world asleep 
And I'll illuminate the path You've laid before me 
But for now just let me be 

 Bind up these broken bones 
Mercy bend and breathe me back to life 
But not before You show me how to die 
Oh, not before You show me how to die 

 So let me go like a leaf upon the water 
Let me brave the wild currents flowing to the sea 
And I will disappear into a deeper beauty 
But for now just stay with me 
God, for now just stay with me



No comments: